Port Logistics Operations Ltd is seeking to recruit a dynamic person to fill the vacancy of a Part-Time General Purpose Hand.
The applicant must be in possession of:
- Transport Malta Certificate of Competency – GPH (General Purpose Hand)
- A currently-valid and approved First Aid Certificate.
- An approved Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting certificate.
The person will be required to:
- Assist with ensuring the safety of the pilot vessel, crew, pilots and passengers when on watch.
- Assist with boarding and recovery of the pilot or other persons during boarding and landing operations.
- Assist in delivering an efficient pilotage/conveyance services liaising with the master, agent and pilots.
- Understudy the Coxswain with a view to gaining authorisation once qualifications and experience gained.
- Alert Coxswain, operation manager and/or operations duty personal to non-routine or emergency situations.
The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills. Previous maritime related experience will be considered an asset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV with a covering letter and copies of relevant qualifications using the form below. Alternatively, candidates can send the required documents via e-mail on email@example.com
Applications should reach Port Logistics Operations Ltd by Friday 17th May 2019. These will be treated in strict confidence.